WMPID Opens Multi-Project Bid
16 Jun 2022
The Westwood Magnolia Parkway Improvement District (WMPID) was formed in 2003 to support infrastructure and public safety projects in the area of the FM 1488/2978 junction. As a partnership between local governments and the state, WMPID is focused exclusively on local projects that directly benefit the businesses and community members living, working, and shopping in the area.
In WMPID’s continuing dedication to infrastructure improvement, a multi-project bid has opened for roadway improvements. Find complete details here.
Pre-bid date: June 21st
Bid date: June 28th
Estimated mobilization early August.
- Woodtrace Blvd – Highland Section
- 0.35 miles of new location 2-lane roadway construction
- 900 tons of asphalt (bid alt for concrete pavement)
- 400 LF concrete drainage structures
- West Lane
- 0.5 Miles of asphalt widening and overlay
- 900 tons of asphalt
- Tamina Road Turn Lanes
- 0.15 miles of asphalt widening
WMPID Website is a Resource for Contractors
For up-to-date information about past and current projects, go to the “Projects” tab on the WMPID website. Direct access to bid documents can be found at “Bid Information – LJA Engineering.” Complete process instructions can be found via the “Invitation to Bidders” link on the bid.
Completed and in-progress projects include:
- Stormwater Management Cleanup
- Woodtrace Boulevard Extension
- South Egypt Lane Expansion
- Mounted Patrol
- Swift Water Rescue Boat
- Research Forest Drive R-Turn & Signal Modifications
- Regional Detention Basin
- Egypt Lane Expansion
- Research Forest Median Improvements
- Honea Egypt And Sendera Ranch
- Enhanced Fire Safety
- Research Forest Drive Extension
- Police Substation and Security
- Westwood Village Shopping Center
The Westwood-Magnolia area is a booming, vibrant community because WMPID promotes and implements economic development, infrastructure improvements, and public safety projects and initiatives. WMPID’s success is a testament to its responsiveness, creativity, and flexibility in executing solutions.
To explore the other ways WMPID is focused on safety and infrastructure and how you or your business would benefit from locating in this Texas community, visit their website here.
Follow WMPID on LinkedIn.